On the southern coast of Formentera, beside the beach of Migjorn, this defence tower was built between 1762 and 1763 to watch over the sea and warn of pirate raids. Circular in plan and rising over three levels, it was part of a network of towers that communicated with smoke signals, and it remained in use as a lookout post until 1867. It is the only tower on the island whose interior can be visited, thanks to its restoration by the architect Marià Castelló in 2016. Comfortable footwear and water are recommended, as the site is exposed to the sun and the wind.